memorable minutes shop contact tutorials advertise

Thursday, September 23, 2010

got to be real

So last week when I linked up with Lindsey I mentioned that maybe sometimes its not always all about looking cute. Well this past week I actually made a concerted effort to take pictures even on my crappiest of clothing days. Here's what I've learned from doing this:

1. my mother is correct - I need to stand up straight. 
2. I have a lot of black clothing - no matter how much I think I am branching out.
3. maybe it IS a little bit about looking cute?
4. but it IS hard to look cute when it is 95 degrees in the middle of September. 
5. it still holds true that you should suck it in in pictures

Without further ado...


1. dress - anthropologie
shoes, cute little leopard print - boutique in nyc

2. top - ann taylor loft (they love teachers ;)
skirt - limited (old)
shoes - nordstrom

3. i'm all NIKE'd here - sports authority
headband - old navy, and old

4. top/dress - boutique in athens, ga
cropped capri leggings - theory from loehmann's

So you can learn a lot from this. This is the real me. Hope we're still friends. Ha!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

still friends.

Becky said...

I think you are right - it's good to be honest and not just take pictures on the cute days - I shall try to follow your lead and take pictures of me looking even more rubbish than usual !! It's a morning of sports for me tomorrow, but I don't know if I dare take a picture of me in my sports gear - might scare too many people !

Dana Rae said...

I own way too much black as well and I also have difficulty standing up straight! You did good keeping it real!

Carrie Schmitt said...

Anthropologie and Ann Taylor Loft...I like your style! I'm really making an effort to get away from too much black too:)

stroll down memory lane...

find something creative i've done

KARMA IS REAL!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected