memorable minutes shop contact tutorials advertise

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

will craft for food!

Like any good starving artist, why not make it into a costume? Though it's been a long time since I have posted anything, I guess we really do all have to start somewhere. Since the last start didn't take off exactly like I had hoped, there is no time like the present, or that of a new year, than to make a resolution. So here I am, exactly one month before my next birthday and I am going to try to be more consistent. But first, we will follow up with how last year ended. Yes, I am still the starving artist - still no full-time job, no health insurance; still as crafty as ever, with undying love for Hobby Lobby and all things craft stores (let me not even speak of the beloved scrapbooking store Archivers); all in all, still way too much time on my hands, way more than I would like.

So I, Miss I Don't Really Like Dressing Up for Halloween, went with it. That's right folks, you guessed it, I was a Starving Artist! For anyone who knew me, it was fabulous. Anyone else, it just a little explanation and then it was fine. But I was totally comfortable the whole night. And the best part - I got to make everything.

I had picked back up my knitting when I found out I was going to be an Aunt. So I found this adorable pattern on Etsy for a cute little slouch hat in thiscosylife's shop that I thought would be just so appropriate to complete the look. Then I took an old ratty t-shirt and cut out letters that spelled out "will craft for food." I just simply used a sharpie to outline the letters on scrap fabric by hand, but if you have a die-cut machine or want it to be more precise feel free. I did have some flower die-cuts that I used for some embellishments.
For the pants I took some old baggy jeans, cut off the bottoms, and "hemmed" them with ribbon and some polka-dot fabric so that they looked more artsy (this was also where the denim came from for the embellishments on the shirt - always recycling).





No comments:

stroll down memory lane...

find something creative i've done

KARMA IS REAL!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected