memorable minutes shop contact tutorials advertise

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

oh yes, crafting is where it's at!

...and I can't even stand it when people end their sentences with a preposition, but there! Right there in my own post title, I just did it. You see I was an English major, and I think I've said it before, but I also worked in book publishing. I have a thing for grammar. There's a fine line between being all grammatically correct and also being all casual in my writing so that it feels like it's just conversational, so the YOU feel, well like I am just chit-chatting with YOU! But fine, so there you have it - crafting is where it's at, no ifs, ands or buts about it!

I just completed another projected. I mean JUST. Now. At almost 3:00 a.m! I'm nuts, I know, I've already said so. I even hung it and as I got in bed with my laptop to write this, it fell. I didn't even care. I mean, I got up to make sure everything was okay and I put everything back in its place, but in the end all I cared about was that I had something cute and pretty and new, that I had made! Look at it.
I am loving how this came out. I found a small cookie sheet at the Dollar Tree. I spray painted it green, like an olive type green. Then I had this gold wood-gran paper that I had been longing to use and thought it would go perfectly. I had these pink paper roses from another one of my rose attempts (still trying, trying being the operative word, but obviously not there yet). The paper was cool. It was from a Martha Stewart pack where each pack that looks like bandanas, and this shade was a pink that was the perfect color compliment. Oh, and the cookie sheet didn't have the two holes in it for the ribbon. I drilled those with my handy dandy drill I use to make all my clocks. This was so fun and easy to make. 


It's felt so good to be able to be creating every day. I hope that this can continue. I'm sure others around me think I'm crazy. I long for others with these creative juices. I need this outlet. That's for sure. 






Visit thecsiproject.com




NightOwlCrafting

14 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE this tray!!!! If you have a crop-a-dile they punch through tin with unbelievable ease. I love using mine on tin. :)

Blog looks great and thanks for stopping by mine. I really really appreciate comments! :)

Lessons Learned said...

Thanks for the tip on the crop-a-dile! i've had my eye on it, but it's a little daunting!

Michelle L. said...

Saw this on CSI - I love it, esp. the wood grain. You have a really great eye!

Baby.Got.Craft said...

So cute! And INSPIRING!

Jane said...

Looks great! Love the paper/color choices.

Becky said...

Found you from the CSI site. I adore this! I'll be making one of my own.

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Great idea! I love the paper you used with the green! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
Alissa

Angela said...

Very creative! I like to craft at wee hours in the morning also.

Leslie said...

I love this adorable tray! I do not think you are crazy for staying up that late at all! I do it all the time! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

Lauren said...

Adorable! Great idea, thanks for sharing.

Erin @ Lansdowne Life said...

Love that wood grain paper!

Unknown said...

I have tired this project before and did not like how it turned out. You have given me new inspiration. i will try it again. Thanks!

Leslie said...

I just wanted to let you know that i featured this cute project on Hoo's got talent this week! Feel free to grab the I've got talent button!

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

This is so cute! I saw these at a craft show and thought they would be super easy to make. Now that you reminded me, I will have to make some of my own!

stroll down memory lane...

find something creative i've done

KARMA IS REAL!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected