memorable minutes shop contact tutorials advertise

Thursday, June 17, 2010

scrap happy and a happy friday!

Yep, it's pretty much official - the Wal-Mart Singer machine has bit the dust. I guess that sweet little old man I went to visit last weekend was right, "Ya get what ya pay for!"

I needed something I could whip up quick, and boy was this the project!

Basically all you need are some scrap strips of fabric, about 15 inches long. and braid them. I used a safety pin to hold each end until both braids were done. Then I held both  braids together and put one end through the sewing machine (this was right before it broke), and then did the same on the other end. This way both braids are now attached to each other. Like this:



Then the last step once you have attached the two braids is to cut the excess off the ends, and attach the elastic (approx. 5-6 inches). I had to hand stitch that part. 

I've got the most adorable 7 month-old niece with beautiful red hair. This little mini will be beyond cute, I have a feeling!


You can see I even used a paperclip to hold the spot in the braids because I couldn't find another safety pin at that moment. Whatever works! All this with just some scraps. Quick and fun, what could be better?!

Check this other one out, she did a great job. 

Also, here's another fun giveaway going on...love stitched is hosting one for Sherri's Boutique for this awesome Amy Butler bag. Love it!






2 comments:

Fowl Single File said...

Ooooh. I love a good scrap buster project! Thanks for sharing this one.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cute idea. I love that!

XOXO
Jen

stroll down memory lane...

find something creative i've done

KARMA IS REAL!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected